Kylie's 21st Birthday

by - 12:08

I'm slowly catching up with all my birthday posts for this month, this is the third edition of the birthday posts as I am yet to attend my final one. For my cousin, Kylie's 21st birthday, we decided on having a family gathering to reunite with each other. With everyone's busy schedules, it's really difficult to find time for us to be able to meet so we decided to try and meet at least once a month.
 
The choice of venue for my birthday dinner was at Banana Tree in the Angel, Islington branch. I've heard much about Banana Tree before, and as I usually do, I did a bit of research on the menu which is offered at Banana Tree before I attended the event. You might be wondering, why would you bother looking at the menu beforehand when you will receive the menu on the day and you can pick then and there? Well... I'm a pretty indecisive person so I'd rather know beforehand what I'm getting so I have a lot of time to think rather than awkwardly staring a menu for ages to finally decide on something... It's much more time efficient. Sitting in a restaurant deciding on what you are going to eat within an appropriate time limit is too much pressure for me... Fortunately, they offer downloadable menus on the website for each branch, which made my life much easier!
 

 
I apologise if they aren't that clear, I was lazy and decided to just print screen the menus since they were downloaded as PDFs... Don't mind me...
 
On to the actual food, we all got quite a variety, and despite it only happening last month, even I am struggling to remember what we all got as our choices. I'll try my best to remember what we all got so you have a good idea of what everything looks like! I know for one I opted on eat the banana spiced noodles.
 
 
My cousin Jenny, despite acknowledging the fact we are Vietnamese, she even bought a Vietnamese dish herself. But she seemed to enjoy it, usually I would try to eat something that I don't usually eat at home which is usually Vietnamese or Chinese food, now and again eating fast food as you do... She chose the Bun Bo Meaty Salad Bowl, with the grilled chicken jawa option.
 


One of my close family friends, Darren chose the Phad Thai. I was considering the Phad Thai however I know how Thai food is with its spices and as I previously stated in my Eat Asia Night Market post, I'm not very good with eating spicy food, a little spice feels like fire to me.
 
 
There were two other dishes which I took a picture of belonging to my cousins, however I'm not too sure what they chose as their dishes. You might be able to work out through the ingredients, but I'm too sure so I won't risk getting it wrong...
 

 
The overall occasion was very nostalgic, it's nice to know that despite not being able to see each other often, our conversations didn't change, we were all comfortable with each other even though for some we had seen each other recent and for some it had been years.
 
Of course, what kind of birthday doesn't involve cake? Well... Excluding my own since I'm not a fan of cake and a few other exceptions... Anyways! That's not the point! My cousin, Kylie, not only received one cake, she received a total of two cakes altogether. One of her cakes were coated in white and blue cream icing with a vanilla filling. The other was topped with a decorative chocolate label addressed to her, with fruit topped on a chocolate coated sprinkle cake. Out of the two, we chose to eat one of them and the other was for her to bring home. Of course, we weren't able to eat the whole of the cake so the one we proceeded in eating, was then divided between each attendee to share with their families.
 
 
I'd like to thank Kylie for hosting a great birthday dinner for all of us, it was a worthwhile memory with many pictures taken with us all. As her younger sister, Jenny's birthday will be the next blog post, it's quite convenient knowing we will all be reuniting again for another birthday celebration! Thank you for reading my latest update, and tune in for my next update on Jenny's birthday c:


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Read this birthday share twice. Loving it! My sister is planning to celebrate her first anniversary at one of the exquisite Los Angeles venues in a couple of weeks. Booked the venue and got a festive package. Dinner and sweet providers are also reputed. Bought few surprise gifts for her hubby. My all her wishes and desires come true.

    ReplyDelete