Tracey's 19th Birthday Celebration

by - 21:32

For my first entry of November, I'll be writing about my cousin's 19th birthday celebration in August - yes I realise it's already November, but I'm terrible with being up to date with my blog posts, give me credit, I have to balance college and other events aha.

But what was interesting for this event was the fact me and her best friend, May were working on this plan together to make her have a great 19th birthday - since she was in Mongolia at the time doing volunteering at a hospital. 

So what exactly did we plan for her birthday? Well we decided on holding two events for her birthday - however this blog post will be mainly focused on the birthday dinner. For our two events, we decided on a karaoke event at Firecracker, whilst the birthday dinner was at Dozo.

If you know me personally, you know how much I end up being responsible for events. Apparently I'm reliable - I wish! But planning although stressful, can be pretty fun sometimes.

Anyways... DOZO! It's all about the food life aha! Do I even remember what I had that day? Most probably not... I have a terrible memory... Referring to the menu provided by Dozo's website, I believe I had "Gyu Don" which says "Sliced of fillet beef with shitake mushroom, carrot, onion and seasoned egg on rice". It was a fulfilling meal, but the sushi everyone decided on eating looked amazing as well.


One of my friends who knew some of the workers well chose a variety of sushi dishes such as the volcano maki, the spider maki and the dragon maki. The volcano maki contains eel, leeks, bonito flakes, eel sauce, avocado and mayonaise, whilst the spider maki contains soft shell crab, avocado, sesame seeds, tobiko and tempura batter. On the other hand, the dragon maki contains jumbo prawn, asparagus, avocado, tobiko, ikura, eel sauce and mayonaise.





Apologies for the focus of these pictures, everyone seemed incredibly hungry and it was nearly impossible to take pictures without everyone grabbing a bite between pictures were captured. It really shows how hungry everyone was, or how good the food was. But I do warn you, Dozo is expensive. We decided on dining at the Dozo in Soho, where we reserved the back table. I really loved the decor of the place, it felt very traditional and portrayed the aspect of Japanese dining greatly.


But who could celebrate a birthday without a birthday cake right? I decided on buying a small Hello Kitty cake from Chinatown - how Asian am I? And honestly, the best moment would have to be capturing this "slip" of my cousin, Tracey. She was honestly feeling emotional having all her close friends and family attending the event, especially as she was feeling homesick whilst being in Mongolia for 2 weeks - I wouldn't be surprised. She was crying of happiness, don't worry! I'm just glad you appreciated our efforts in creating this birthday celebration for her.

To top it all off, we finished the day with a few drinks and of course, ice cream mochi! It was a great treat to end the day, especially as we were all looking to have something sweet as a dessert, and what better way than to have a Japanese dessert. 


Thank you for reading my first birthday blog post! Be sure to tune into more updates soon, I'll try to get at least one birthday post each week, although I'm due to start my new part-time job soon, so it may be difficult to find time to blog, but I will try my best!

I'll leave you guys with a picture of my friend, Ernest aha! He had a few too many drinks, and this was the result...


... Just joking! He was pretty sober and majority of those glasses aren't even his aha! If I remember correctly, I think some of the glasses were only filled with water to be honest... I hope you enjoyed reading my latest post, be sure to check out Dozo sometime if you have time and money!

You May Also Like

0 comments