Happy New Year 2018! Rewind to the Best Moments of 2017 (Part 2)!

by - 01:29

So already I've given you guys an explanation as to how the first part of 2018 went, but now it's time for you to see what happened in the second half! This is where things get more hectic - if I say so myself...


*Note* It's been a while since I posted the first part of the 2017 highlights and here I am sharing it with you in summer of 2019, I apologise for the delay, but if you were interested I'm sharing with you the next and final part of my 2017 highlights below!


JULY

To note, this was probably one of the busiest months of my year! From preparing to set off to Seoul, South Korea once again for the second time within the past 12 months, to jumping into so many activities coming up to the trip. Once again, working with UnitedKpop I was fortunate enough to be able to complete work for the London Korean Festival x Feel Korea events! From going to the airport to take pictures of the 4 groups (Highlight, EXID, KNK and Snuper) attending the festival as they arrived in London, to attending a LoKo workshop where Snuper surprised the class. Their surprise was to teach the class BTS' Not Today with each participant receiving a signed album from the group, including me! My job for this day was to capture videos and photos of the class! And for the big day, I was constantly running around capturing photos of the event from day to night. It was an amazing experience but probably one of the most tiring and hectic experiences to date. Furthermore, the following day (the day before my flight) I was rushing to my cousin's graduation ceremony, who was awarded a first-class degree! You're amazing, Tracey!


Whilst I was in Korea, I was working on the UKP Summer Magazine. From completing an email interview with Bongyoung Park (previously known as a choreography for 1Million Dance Studio), Jang Hanbyul (former member of LED Apple/Led T), Jimin Choi (director/videographer, former employee of Koreaboo), as well as KNK! The experience was unbelievable, I never thought a leisure trip to South Korea would lead me to so many experiences which I'm grateful for to date.


You can check out the final result of the UKP Summer Mag 2017 below:


AUGUST

A continuation of my trip to South Korea, after spending a month before I returned back home I was able to complete a lot of experiences. From attending the Water Bomb Festival to meeting friends I hadn't seen in a while. Special thanks to Fabi who accompanied me in Korea when I was struggling! The trip had its ups and downs but if it wasn't for the trip I don't think I would have been the person I am today haha! Here's a little photo memory from our group trip to Lotte World. Rose and I were taking photos of our newly bought headbands.

The great memory that also comes with this is this busking group we met on our way back from Lotte World who were performing a song but couldn't help but laugh as they saw us wearing our headbands as we were walking past them. In the end, we ended up exchanging social media as we admired their performance.



SEPTEMBER

Aka my birthday month! Other than celebrating my 20th birthday (no more teen years for me...), I also completed my farewells with my fellow London friends as I proceeded to enter university! It's funny how things panned out as I became a Nottingham university student. When I first thought about university at the end of GCSEs I considered the idea of moving to Nottingham to study at UoN doing International Media and Communications. Yet, I dismissed the idea when I thought about my parents allowing me to move. But here I am today, now proceeding into my final year of university!


I forgot to also add, I had the opportunity to perform live for the first time. I hadn't performed live since I went to college, and as my gap year drew to an end I jumped at the opportunity to perform after a long time. I started working with KBCE a year before and then settled on actually performing with others at the festival with my chosen song, Beautiful performed by Crush. The song is best known for being an OST of the Korean drama, Goblin (which funnily enough I haven't finished - don't kill me please). Through the experience, I braved the fear of performing (really didn't help when the music cut off as I performed RIP), but also met some amazing people because of it!



OCTOBER

As I began to settle in at university that meant attending freshers week and living the partying life for a while. As I took a year out it was something which I had already experienced so I didn't feel the necessity to involve myself, but I did join some societies and make some new friends in the process.


As well as making friends, I took the opportunity to do a sport. The sport I took up was badminton, something which I started playing when I was young but I never took it up properly. For me, learning the rules of the sport and whatnot was the biggest fear for me in comparison to other players in the sport, but after being convinced by my friends, Aylin and Steven, I was able to do anything. Yes, at first I was a bit awkward and stiff, and probably thought serving like tennis was the way to go but I can definitely say I've come far that I can really appreciate the sport now. 


NOVEMBER 

Remember remember, the 5th of November. Ok no in all seriousness, other than the fireworks November was a month where I took a lot of new opportunities in relation to my love of Korean culture. I applied for a job opportunity with KOCCA Europe and I was selected as one of their first supporters. My work involved creating content for their social media platforms, whether it was top drama OSTs or more, the event was really rewarding and I was also paid and offered an album with my work! Thank you so much for KOCCA Europe for providing me with the opportunity!


Furthermore, during my reading week, I was offered the opportunity to feature on Radio Kimchi, with DJ Jules where I provided listeners of my experience in the K-Pop community as well as my tips for people interested in creating their own content or wanting to blog for the first time. It was a really insightful experience and I was also able to create a playlist of some of my favourite Korean tunes.



DECEMBER

It's come to the end of 2017, where I had the opportunity to attend my very first formal event at university. Being a part of the society, Abacus they hosted a Winter Ball, in which some of my friends (who happened to be my 2nd-year housemates) attended with me. It was an interesting experience for sure, and it provided me with a chance to actually dress up!


Other than that, I was able to experience my very first Winter Wonderland in Nottingham. It reminded me of London's very own Winter Wonderland so it was nice to reminisce home.


If you've managed to read this far, I congratulate you! It's been quite a journey and we are finally finished! We've come to the end of my 2017 highlights, though there was definitely more highlights for some months than others. I'm grateful for the experiences I've gained in 2017, and now that it is 2019, I hope that I can continue to work and experience more as I develop my insight of the world! 

You May Also Like

0 comments