Young Bros K-Pop x Touch Me x Traffic Light Party Review

by - 13:46

So I've been telling myself these days that I should really get back to blogging, but I've been trying to decide on the kind of content which would be easy to write about on a regular basis. Would anyone be interested in a weekly post about the dramas and music I've been watching and listening to? I've been trying to accommodate work life, social life and more, but it's been more difficult than I had thought... Sorry for the inactivity-- RIP.



Moving on! Last month, I attended a clubbing event hosted by Young Bros in London. I've been to a couple of K-Pop clubbing events in London however this particular concept interested me a lot. The concept was formed of two different aspects: 
1. Touch Me Concept
2. Traffic Light Party


The "Touch Me" concept was basically completed through the use of stickers. Once you entered the event, after you claimed your wristband (I'll explain the wristband concept in a moment), you would walk down the flight of stairs where you could pick up stickers from the table available. There was various stickers available, but the main ones were the "kiss me" stickers or the "touch me" stickers. Although this concept may seem questionable as such, there were rules implemented to avoid any harassment. I remember seeing different groups of friends and each time they would be sticking more stickers on me, but the stickers themselves kept falling off at times... Although... I remember coming back home and each consecutive day after the party, I would find a new sticker from my outfit... Oh dear...


Moving on to the "Traffic Light Party" concept, Earlier on I was talking about receiving wristbands at the entrance. As you walk in, you can opt between 3 different types of wristbands. This is to represent your relationship status. I thought these were cool, but the problem with these wristbands were that they were hidden in the dark. For those wearing long sleeves, it might also be difficult to see the wristbands, and I'm sure a heard a few people being hit on despite the colour of their wristband (but then again... I'm sure this happens a lot anyways...). As a suggestion, I feel like they should implement the use of glowstick wristbands as they would be more prominent in the dark unlike the wristbands. 


Onto the actual clubbing experience! I arrived at the club around 11:30PM/12AM, and already the place was quite packed, but throughout the night, I found it very difficult to move throughout the venue. The popularity of the event was unreal! There was a lot of music played which I enjoyed ranging from popular K-Pop hits to K-HipHop additions. The music choices played throughout the night were one's which you could dance to (I've had issues in the past where DJs have played songs which are very difficult to dance to, so I'm glad they considered this) - heads up to the DJs! However, I found by the end of the night, they were playing upbeat songs. By this time, majority of us were drained from dancing all night so I'd hoped for slightly more chill songs to end the night.


As for the venue, I appreciated the size of the venue despite how many people there were. Drinks were quite expensive at the Opal Bar so I'm glad I made a decision to predrink, although at the end there was quite a lot of bottles being distributed around due to not hitting the minimum spend limit.



I personally enjoyed the night more as people started leaving, as I was able to actually dance. It was a struggle trying to be aware of not hitting someone whilst dancing or having to stop dancing to let someone through.. I feel there should of been a tighter restriction on how many people were allowed in, as it could be quite uncomfortable at times just trying to squeeze past or even dance.


However, I was thankful to be able to see all my friends at the club, it was definitely an event which many people wanted to go to. I even found myself reuniting with old friends and more.

Thank you to Young Bros for providing us lit tunes to dance to with an awesome concept, and Opal Bar for your service! It was my second time at a Young Bros event and my first time at Opal Bar and I appreciated it very much! PS: Thank you for the photos!

Don't forget to subscribe to Young Bros for upcoming events! They provide clubbing events around Europe from the UK to Poland to Germany and more~ Check out the links below!

Young Bros Facebook
Young Bros Instagram
Young Bros Website

Thank you for reading! And I hope to be posting much more soon!~

You May Also Like

0 comments