HISTORY Exclusive: Sightseeing in London

by - 14:07

If you guys have read my previous post, you would have known about the extra exclusive I managed to get with HISTORY. I feel like every fan has a dreamt of having this opportunity to be able to hang out with their favourite group, and although I can't pick a favourite out of all the K-Pop groups I listen to, I can definitely say I achieved the dream for at least a day!

I think the first thing I've got to say is, how did I manage to get this opportunity? Well because of my blog I was able to work backstage at the concert, completing errands as well as doing concert photography. This led to the next day, where the manager had requested for me and my friend, Katy who was the interpreter to show them around London. For those who attended the concert, you might have remembered them mentioning that they would be going around London! Sihyoung told the fans that if they saw them they must come up to them and say hi!

So the day began around 9AM. Katy had already gone to the hotel and met the members whilst I met the rest of the group at the station for 9. Unfortunately, we were missing Kyungil and Yijeong who went to meet friends for the day. We purchased 9 travel tickets, and distributed them to the group.

Our first stop was Westminster. The one attraction which probably is most known in London is none other than Big Ben. I remember Sihyoung asking me later on about how to spell Big Ben aha. But it's unfortunate it had to rain on our tour around London, but it's not London if there is no rain... Dokyun was lovely and offered an umbrella to me and Katy but we both politely declined. Also by Westminster, we managed to get a view of the London Eye which was across the river.

A photo posted by _KimSiHyoungram (@kimsihyoungram) on


A photo posted by _KimSiHyoungram (@kimsihyoungram) on


We began walking towards Whitehall gardens, with Jaeho getting excited to see green grass that he even got someone to take a picture of him posing on the grass ahaha. At one point we even had Sihyoung imitating a duck which was an interesting sight...



Eventually, we took a group picture of the whole crew and HISTORY excluding Kyungil and Yijeong at Whitehall Gardens.


As we began to walk towards Trafalgar Square, we happened to walk by the Corinthia Hotel and Katy mentioned how she was friends with the manager. The manager also happens to be a big fan of HISTORY and even offered free rooms for them to stay. She unfortunately couldn't attend the HISTORY concert because of work.


We arrived at Trafalgar Square and HISTORY saw the fountains and began looking for coins to throw into the fountain. Katy had to stop them, explaining as that wasn't the purpose of the fountain despite there being some coins in the fountain already aha.


We proceeded towards the National Gallery walking through different rooms of the gallery. I don't think I've ever actually explored the National Gallery properly so it was a good chance for me to look around with the group.


Eventually, we decided to take a break as everyone went for toilet breaks and waited for the rain to settle outside. There was a discussion amongst the members and Katy and I had some help from Katy to talk to them here and there. Dokyun and Jaeho asked about my age, and were really shocked to find out I was only 18 years old. They also asked what year I was born in, and I said I was born in 1997 making me a 97 liner. I remember awkwardly introducing myself in Korean, and they also asked me whereabouts I was from, to which I answered I was born here but I'm from Vietnam.

We began making a move towards the entrance with Sihyoung attempting to put Korean money in the donation box despite it saying only Euros and British Pounds and another currency only aha. So generous of him either way. The group was divided again as everyone went to go for another quick toilet break before we left, leaving me to be responsible for Dokyun, Jaeho and Sihyoung - the pressure was real and without Katy I wasn't too sure what to say myself aha.

We walked towards the side, as I was standing up awkwardly not knowing what to say. Sihyoung who had sat down on one bench with the other two members sitting on another began a conversation in English with me. I'm actually really surprised at how good his English is, although it isn't perfect he did really well. He asked me similar questions to what the others had asked earlier e.g. Where are you from? How old are you? etc. The other members answered for me saying I was 18 and born in 1997. He responded saying I was very young aha. He also asked me whether I do this as a job, and I was like nope, I'm actually a student. I remember saying student in Korean which is "학생" pronounced "hagsaeng”. He also asked me about my subjects in which I responded saying I took media. He asked me to sit down beside him - I was still awkwardly standing around aha... Before he attempted to explain in English about how he believed artists and workers are all equal and how believes everyone is a friend (which includes me - I think that was really sweet him to say). He told me to treat this day as fun experience rather than work. I got so distracted I didn't realise Katy was calling me to which they found the rest of us later as we got ready to leave.

We left the gallery but the group split up again temporarily as Jaeho, Sihyoung and a few others got distracted by a street act. Sihyoung once again started giving Korean money, and the street act was saying "안녕하세요" which is pronounced "anneonghaseyo" which you may otherwise know as "hello" in Korean. They were rather amazed and took selfies with the guy - Katy was talking about how Sihyoung doesn't seem to stop giving money to people aha.

We proceeded to Piccadilly Circus as we arranged for everyone to separate into small groups to have their own free time around. For most of them, they went shopping around Oxford Circus and Regent Street whilst Katy, the concert agent, Dokyun and myself went to Costa to have grab something to eat and drink. We arranged to all meet back at 12.

The concert agent was lovely, he treated us all to food and drinks, and I remember saying "감사합니다" or "kamsahamnida" to the concert agent, which supposedly translates to "thank you very much". This led to him asking me whether I speak Korean and I replied only a little aha. I think I was struggling quite hard as the 3 of them were talking Korean amongst each other and I didn't really understand much of it to say anything - the concert agent assumed I understood everything...

Unfortunately, Katy had to leave so we said our goodbyes, whilst the other two said thank you before we set off to the meet at the meeting point. The concert agent said he will now be prepared to speak English since I wouldn't be able to help much with my Korean aha. Whilst we waited for the others to return and the promoter/organiser to meet us, we took a selfie with the concert agent's selfie stick.



As everyone slowly returned with the addition of the promoter, Xavier, two fangirls appeared in front of us. They were really excited and happy to see the members but the concert agent stated they weren't allowed to take pictures with them. 

Meanwhile, Xavier and I prepared to find somewhere to eat, and since the members wanted to eat meat, the concert agent and the Xavier managed to make a compromise. We ended up eating at the Angus Steakhouse in Piccadilly Circus. I was about to sit down, when the concert agent pointed towards the seat which happened to be next to Sihyoung. I don't think I've stated this yet, but Sihyoung is actually my favourite member from the group aha! We both sat down and shared a menu with each other, discussing between ourselves what was good to eat. 


As everyone raised their drinks, Sihyoung clinked his drink with mine saying "cheers, friend" - Aha I was secretly dying inside, but who wouldn't if an idol acknowledged you as a friend. Everyone proceeded to enjoy their meals, and trust me I struggled trying to cut my steak... It was awkward and I think a few of them had noticed... Ah well...

With music playing in the background, Adele happened to come on with the song "Someone Like You". I love that song aha, actually anything by Adele is amazing. Sihyoung asked me whether Adele was from here and I agreed, but somehow both unintentionally ended up singing to it - can I classify that as a duet because if so, I would literally have to say "OMG!" because that was a worthwhile moment. I think he realised I could sing too and supposedly mentioned it to Jaeho who was sitting beside him. I hope I sounded okay...

Once we finished our meals, we proceeded to go towards Tower Bridge. Thank you Google Maps for saving my life in these situations. I was really worried about the journey since I didn't want to mess up since I was the only one there who knew London well enough. We went underground, and if you've seen Sihyoung's Instagram, you'll notice me! Sihyoung attempted to pull a Harry Potter moment as he put up his umbrella underground and slammed against the wall - I really think we should of taken them to King's Cross aha.

A video posted by _KimSiHyoungram (@kimsihyoungram) on

The tube just arrives after Sihyoung's attempts to go through the platform wall. We get onto the tube as Sihyoung attempts to "surf" on the tube. A lady was looking at him and trying not to laugh, as the concert agent explained saying he was a famous Korean comedian ahahaha!

As we begin to walk towards Tower Bridge, Jaeho taps me on the shoulder and asks me in English where the toilet is, so I went to quite a few places asking about the nearest toilet - such struggles, whilst I responded to Jaeho in the minimal Korean I knew to make sure he was okay and more. I'm not going to lie, if I never listened to K-Pop or watched Korean dramas I think this would have been much more difficult aha.

After we find the toilet, we return to the others who are taking photos by Tower Bridge. You can see below some of the members posting photos of Tower Bridge:

A photo posted by Kim Jae Ho (@jaehogram) on


A photo posted by 나도균 (@dog.yun_gram) on


A photo posted by _KimSiHyoungram (@kimsihyoungram) on

I even managed to capture some pictures of them at Tower Bridge as well, including the manager. To be honest, as Jaeho and I arrived later, I only managed to get mostly pictures of Jaeho, but he looks like such a model aha. Everyone was making poses, and borrowing Dokyun's sunglasses to look cool.


After the Tower Bridge experience, we made our way back to the hotel as I attempted to explain different sites such as the Shard and other attractions. Sihyoung was taking selfies with the group on the tube as well.

Once we had returned to the hotel, all the members were reunited again, as I greeted the other two members. Everyone went to collect their suitcases and luggage as the drivers appeared to take them to the airport. As I began to leave myself, the concert agent called my name, saying goodbye to me and thanking me for everything. Sihyoung who was standing by the car also noticed and also shouted in English, telling me to be careful as well as thanking me.

The experience was something completely different, something which I've never done before, but it honestly was an opportunity of a lifetime which I don't regret taking. Let's be honest here, I had some major post concert blues and I couldn't stop getting HISTORY songs out of my head. This experience will never be forgotten and probably one of the best experiences so far this year! Thank you to everyone who made this opportunity happen for me, I'm truly grateful! Thank you for reading!

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. WOW, you're so lucky! I'm glad there are actually fans around the world who actually have their dream come true! XD Also, the fact you're from England! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha thank you, I guess it's making yourself known and jumping to the challenge, if I hadn't try to contact them about the opportunity I never would have got it in the first place~

      Delete
  2. lucky girl! it's a really really good experience for u and it made u love the guys more I think.not only Suhyoung haha. please love and support our guys in the future too. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly an experience of a lifetime and yes, coming from someone who wasn't a massive fan, I managed to get know them better and love the guys more, I'll be supporting them very much in the future!~

      Delete
  3. This is amazing :) all us fangirls can live through you for this day xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you feel that way :') I feel like a lot of fangirls have told me that they could really feel like they were in my position and I'm glad I could live that day for them :3 thank you for reading!

      Delete
  4. Wah i wish i could experience that.
    Did KY & YJ go out together with other people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think they went out with friends o-o I remember talking to Kyungil the day before and he said he was going with friends so he wouldn't be joining us ^^

      Delete