College Music Video Production

by - 09:03

Since, I decided to update my blog with a music player from SCM, I thought I would talk a bit about the music videos we've been creating in BTEC Creative Media Production at my college. Before I talk about that, I thought I'd say that anyone who has any song recommendations for me to add to my playlist that would be great! All the songs I've included in my playlist are more or less Asian songs, but I don't mind listening to other things too. I'm a big fan of ballads as you can see from my play list, however there are a few exceptions too. Do comment below if you have any suggestions!

To start off with, I thought I should introduce the music video which me, Alfie and Megan created. We decided on re-making Pink's Raise Your Glass. Honestly, we thought it would really hard, we even colour-coded all the different lyrics to match the different characters which were to be used for our music video. There was a lot of shots involved in the process, but it was really fun to make!


However, it wouldn't be right just to only introduce the music video that we created... So although I can't say so much about the process of each of these productions, I definitely have an opinion on each of the videos, especially as we had our own music video screenings in class.

Next, we have James Bay's Scars. This was created by Emma, Chloe and Joss. Personally, I thought this video was really creative. I really love the makeup they used for the main character, and the recurring rose in the vase scene, watching as the petals slowly began to fall through the process of the video part - It looked really professional so that had to be one of my favourite aspects of the video!


Right... For this one, I don't know what to say about this... I actually couldn't stop laughing, which I guess explains why it's a parody. Honestly, when I walked into this group filming with a green screen, with a guy in a chicken suit saying "you can't unsee this" I really didn't know what to say... To be perfectly honest, I even showed my parents and they were laughing too. This is Westlife's I Believe I Can Fly, created by Silas, Kai and Jack.


For this next video, I have got to say that I liked the black and white filter on the video, it made it more cinematic and much more emotional especially if you refer to the lyrics and the song name itself. This honestly gave me feels aha, but I couldn't help but laugh because knowing these two personally, it was an interesting interaction between the both. Even featured in the video myself... By ignoring my friend... Opps. This is Megan and Jack's creation (yes we have more than one Megan and Jack) of Hunter Hayes' Invisible. 



There were two other videos, one of which is still in process of being made if I remember correctly but they had technical difficulties whilst the other I can't seem to find, but I can say that I did like the footage they collected from New York, from one of the members of the group who went on holiday in New York and filmed on their iPhone some cool cinematography. 


You May Also Like

0 comments