Colour Obstacle Rush

by - 23:05

Let's just be honest... I'm incredibly unfit and I have no idea why I decided I chose to do this when I really think about it? But do I regret it? Not at all aha. It doesn't require you to be one of the fittest to be able to participate. I was one of the people who would run for a few minutes then stop and walk and go back to running, and the cycle continued. Hey! At least I wasn't alone doing so aha. 

So what was involved in the Colour Obstacle Rush? Well you supposedly go through 9 colour stations and 10 obstacles. There's a wide variety of colours from pink, orange, yellow, green and blue. The obstacles consist of a variety as well, such as walking through "huge balls" (Those perverts out there, I see you aha). There was also climbing ropes as well as slides. All of which is meant to equivalent to 5k (but when looking in the distance it felt longer opps-).

At the beginning our group came together and decided to be very "unique" you could say - we wore our Colour Obstacle Rush t-shirts, and then used our other t-shirts to make ninjas masks. Walking around wearing them brought a lot of attention to others, but at least it made it easier for the rest of us to find each other if any of us had wondered off.

Before the actual startup, we had to do some preparation and warm ups. For majority of the group - even though it technically wasn't apart of the warm up, they decided to roll around on the floor and themselves covered in colour. Trust me it was a sight to remember aha. Afterwards we proceeded to dance and warm up to music following an instructor on stage. For our warm up, we danced to Ne-Yo's Closer. We then jumped into the other finishers' festivities as they threw their colour packets of powder into the air once the bass dropped. And before we even started we were quite colourful.


Well, I've just gotta say, it actually specified that we were meant to bring glasses/sunglasses but I kind of forgot... My memory is great right? But I managed to survive without and I didn't get told off for not wearing them, plus for some of the others who wore glasses they still had colour getting into their eyes - Oh dear.

So whilst the majority of the "Ai My Maid" group rushed ahead (by the way, we are the Ai My Maid group if I didn't say already opps...) there was others who were at the back. If I'm honest there was about 4-5 of us at the back. Although one of us decided to stay back because they felt bad, but in the end we told them to go off ahead and ended up being one of the first to finish in our group. Fortunately it wasn't a race and we all received a medal at the end after completing it.

The best part would have to be receiving the colour packets at the end. Some of us going back to get more, and then all at once opening our packets and throwing them up in the air and covering ourselves with extra colour - And trust me during the times we entered each colour station, we were covered, for some colours more than others. I think the person handing out the colour packets in the end realised we had taken more than we should of - they weren't very happy...
But what could we to be honest, we got a bit too addicted to using the colour packets. And the foam at the end of the slide didn't help - I remember coming back with my trainers all covered in foam and it didn't decide to come off for ages. Throughout the course of the day we managed to capture various videos on the Go Pro as well, and I think our group was one of the most memorable, with our awesome poses and unique sense of style.
Special thanks to all of the group I worked with - I wouldn't have been able to have even be allowed to enter without you guys - Let's be honest, it was a struggle needing a parent/guardian because I was under 18... Even though my birthday is only in September... Life struggles. But even so it was a great experience. Some of you may recognise one of the members of the "Ai My Maid" group as the well-known YouTuber, Annchirisu. Meeting her in real life again, even though I've met her before at a maid cafe was lovely. I know a couple of friends who seem pretty jealous of me being able to meet her aha. I also have to thank her for all the photos I've used throughout this blog post, all photo credits go to her. 

And for anyone who wants to meet the "Ai My Maid" group, you can check out their Facebook page: 
Or if you happen to be attending Hyper Japan this July at the O2, they will be running a cafe there.
For Annchirisu's Facebook page click here:
And for her YouTube channel, you can click here:

Thank you for reading ^^ Join me on my next adventures soon c:




You May Also Like

0 comments