Cringying: Exclusive Interview

by - 16:32

Hey guys! I'm trying to get some time to sort out my life so I'm aiming to get at least 1 blog post completed each week! But we will see how that goes... I've recently been doing a lot of things in my life, but a journalism workshop I participated in with News Associates definitely gave me more determination to find time to blog more!

For this week's blog, I thought I'd highlight an awesome store which opened just over a month ago in the UK! I've personally always wanted to have a store to purchase Asian clothes and cosmetics which was easily accessible but also cheap. Although I'm technically a student anymore (well till next September), I'm Asian enough to always be seeking for those cheap deals for some super cute clothes!

And here we have it! Drumroll please...
Here we have...
Cringying!


If you have any questions in regards to the store, you can contact them here. You will also find the FAQs section as well through the link.

Luckily for you guys, I managed to get an exclusive interview with the founder of Cringying, Ying Xue. Despite her busy schedule, working part-time whilst working hard to provide you guys with the best stock for the Cringying, she is also currently studying hard for A-Levels. I'll give it to her, she sure knows how to balance her life better than me! Anyways, onto the interview!

What made you decide on creating a store like Cringying?
Honestly, it was a decision made in the spur of the moment. At the time, I was browsing on various sites for clothes, but I wasn't able to purchase anything because the clothing prices and the cost for shipping were incredibly insane. So I decided to make a more affordable site for broke students like myself!

How did you come up with the name, Cringying?
It's just a combination of the word "cringe" and my name, "Ying". I was initially going to sell very cute clothes - stuff I would never wear myself, as I'm very tomboyish, hence the "cringe".

What are your aspirations/goals in regards to the store?
Hm.. I would like to help provide affordable clothes of many different styles to people all over the world and make lots of new friends!

Are there any particular influential figures which help inspire your store? if so, who may they be?
Honestly, I'd have to say my mother, She has shown so much support since day one and she is always there to help me send parcels and check that I'm coping with the store.

If you were to pick one item from the store to buy, what would it be?
Definitely the Unisex Natural Born Disaster T-Shirt, I am terribly clumsy and awkward so I think this would be the ideal t-shirt to wear out to warn people...


How did you decide upon what would be brought to the store in regards to stock?
Instagram followers! My Instagram followers and promoters have been so helpful when advising me with what to add to the store. I'd particularly like to thank my friend and promoter, @chan.egg.yeolk for frequently keeping an eye out for trends and making sure I'm informed - I'm always late to the hype train!...

I hope you guys enjoyed that interview from the founder of Cringying, Ying Xue! And also take the opportunity to check out the store and purchase some items too!

All the links to her site can be found on my Affiliate page here!
You can also use my code "sophilicity10" to get 10% off your purchase. Enjoy!

PS: If I had to choose an item from the store to buy, I'd personally choose... Wait I don't think I can choose one... oops.

1. Long Plaid Shirt Inspired Cardigan - Like Ying, I dress quite tomboyish myself, so I would totally pair this with a shirt, high-waisted jeans and of course, my converses!


2. Casual Striped Crop Top and Skirt Set - Although, I dress quite tomboyish, I make some exceptions. I love simple clothes, and sets are super cute because I love co-ordinating my outfits.


You May Also Like

0 comments