Marco's 17th Birthday Celebration

by - 14:21

Talk about throwbacks! Just over 3 months ago, I went to celebrate my friend, Marco's 17th birthday. I'm not going to lie, I totally organised majority of his birthday for him aha! Reasons why he named me "Miss Organiser Trash" or something like that...

Anyways, on the 27th of March, we decided to take Marco out on an adventure in London. It was hard trying to find the perfect place to celebrate his birthday, but fortunately I found a great place, with a great view, which was absolutely free!

Guess where?

Answer... You'll have to find out by continuing to read the rest of this post aha!

But before we went off to that great, free place, with a great view, we headed off to Misato! I might of mentioned this place in a previous post - a great Japanese restaurant located in Chinatown, Central London. Big portions, small price (well considering it's Central London anyways aha...)


As per usual, Misato never seems to fail me, probably a reason why when I'm broke I'll probably end up in Misato if I'm not at a fast food place like KFC (which is down the road from Misato in Chinatown...)

After our food, we moved onto our final destination! Well... To be honest, before we even went to the destination we sort of arrived a bit early so we decided to chill by the river, and be touristy people. Taking pictures of the views in London as well as many selfies.

 


Now to reveal the location... As the time approached for our time slot, we entered... Sky Garden!! Sky Garden is located at 20 Fenchurch Street. To be honest, Sky Garden was one of the places I had been meaning to go to for ages! Marco and I both have an interest in photography, so I thought this would be, as you say 'killing two birds with one stone'. It was the first time I had gone to Sky Garden so I personally didn't know what to expect either.



We entered the building, going through security before entering the lift and going all the way up to the 35th floor. As we left the lift, the view just looked amazing. It's basically getting a huge view of London from the air without paying for anything. There's alternative options such as The Shard, which you have to pay to enter and view. The Shard is the tallest building in the UK.









Anyways, we realised there were quite a few staircases to walk up, one on each side. So we decided to go in a cycle motion, walking up one way, higher and higher, before going down another way, lower and lower.



As we approached the next hour, the day slowly grew to the evening, and the light started shining brightly. The colours shown in Sky Garden changed to suit the lighting outside. I was hoping to see a sunset as it was said to appear but due to the dull weather - rainy weather as per usual, thanks England... Thus we were very unfortunate despite picking a time around the time the sunset was due.


I personally liked the contrast in colours between the day and evening. We have blues vs. pinks! I think the one thing I love about London is the view during the dark because the city lights up and it looks amazing - although the city at night isn't particularly safe.


Happy birthday Marco! This post is late, but you know I already said happy birthday to you on your actual birthday aha! I hope you had a great day, and enjoyed what I did organise for you over 3 months ago! It was a fun day out despite the rain, back to being lethargic ehhh....

Anyways! Thank you guys, I hope you enjoyed the post! It was super late, but I definite recommend attending Sky Garden if you have a chance. If the weather is good, they even allow you to go out on the balcony and get an even better view of the city. Also, if you intend to go to Sky Garden, you need to book a reservation which you can do via this website below:
http://skygarden.london/plan-your-visit
Just click "book your free visit" - I suggest that you book a couple of weeks in advance because places go quite quickly as it gets nearer to the date. Another useful tool which is featured on the site, is the tool in the top left corner (desktop version) which allows you to see when the sunrise and sunset is of the current day!

Comment below if you have attended, I would love to hear about your experiences! Thanks for reading guys, I hope to catch up with my posts, I have a lot to catch up on ahhh... I'll get there eventually, but for now, don't forget to tune into the giveaways which are still live, such as my 1 year blog anniversary giveaway, which you can check out below:
Sophilicity's 1 Year Blog Anniversary + Giveaway


You May Also Like

0 comments